Maulana Abul Kalam Azad National Fellowship for higher studies
By TCN News,
New Delhi: With the aim to gear up students from Minority communities in the field of education, Government of India has launched ‘Maulana Abul Kalam Azad National Fellowship’ for them which, will encourage and financially help them.
Under this scheme students will be provided with integrated five year fellowships in the form of financial assistance as notified by the Central Government to pursue higher studies such as M. Phil and Ph.D.
This fellowship will be on the pattern of University Grants Commission (UGC) Fellowships given to research students pursuing regular and full time M. Phil and Ph.D courses and the scheme will cover all Universities/Institutions recognized by the UGC under section 2(f) and section 3 of the UGC Act and will be implemented by the Ministry of Minority Affairs (MoMA) through UGC for students belonging to the minority communities.
The total number of fellowship holders each year will be 756 which will be known as MoMA scholars. Of them, 30% shall be earmarked for women students and remaining 70% will be general. In case the shortage of women candidates, the fellowship can be passed on to male students. The reservation for differently-abled students shall be made as per the UGC norms.
Besides, if required number of candidates is not available and the number of fellowships not availed during a year, it will be forwarded to the next academic session.
The rate of fellowship for JRF and SRF will be at par with the UGC Fellowship as amended from time to time. Presently these rates are as follows:
TCN Comment policy:
Comments that are found to be in violation of any one or more of the guidelines will be automatically deleted:
Comments containing abusive and offensive language.
Personal attacks directed at the author and other commenters.
Comments targeting a specific community, caste, nationality or religion.
Regular offenders will be blacklisted and prevented from posting on this site.
Unless otherwise noted, you can republish our articles for free. You just have to credit TwoCircles.net and link it back to us but you can’t edit our material or sell it separately. (We're licensed under Creative Commons, which provides the legal details.). For publishing TwoCircles.net photos please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.