Muslim World News




Muslim World News

Burdwan blast: NIA names 21 for bid to overthrow Dhaka regime

ArrayKolkata: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) in a special court on Monday named 21 people, formally charged with involvement in the Burdwan blast case, for conspiring to overthrow the existing democratic government in Bangladesh.

In a charge sheet filed before an NIA special court, the agency said the 21 people, accused in the Bardwan blast case, were involved in the conspiracy of Jamaat-ul-Mujahideen Bangladesh (JMB), an outlawed terrorist outfit in Bangladesh, to overthrow the Dhaka government.

Kenyan authorities arrest three women over terror links

Nairobi: Kenyan authorities said that three women, suspected of being suicide bombers, were detained in the coastal city of Mombasa.

Mombasa County Commissioner Nelson Marwa said the three were arrested in Elwak town on the Kenya-Somalia border as they attempted to sneak into Somalia to join Al Qaeda-affiliated Somalian militants, Xinhua reported on Monday.

"They boarded a bus from Mombasa and were to travel to Somalia via Mandera. In Somalia they were to become jihadi brides and were supposed to be trained as suicide bombers," Marwa said.

Will destroy all Houthi missiles within days: Saudi Arabia

Riyadh: Saudi Arabia said on Sunday that all ballistic missiles of Yemen's Houthi rebels will be destroyed in the coming days, Xinhua reported citing Al Arabiya News.

Warplanes of the Saudi-led 10-state coalition raided Yemen's capital Sanaa on Sunday, as the "Decisive Storm" military operation in Yemen against the Shia Houthi group entered the fourth day.

The Saudi-led coalition continued targeting Houthi missile arsenal, according to the spokesperson of the military operation in Yemen, Ahmed Al-Asiri.

Troops allied to Houthis in Yemen rebel

Sanaa: Yemeni security forces in the city of Taiz that have allied themselves with the Shia Houthi militia and supporters of former President Ali Abdullah Saleh have rebelled, media reported on Sunday.

Members of the military police in Taiz -- Yemen's third largest city -- refused to head to Aden, where the country's President Abd-Rabbuh Mansour Hadi has been holding court since the Houthi takeover of capital Sanaa earlier this year, according to an Al Arabiya News report.

Egypt prosecutor lists key Muslim Brotherhood members as 'terrorists'

Cairo: Egypt's prosecutor general on Sunday listed 18 leading members of the outlawed Muslim Brotherhood group, including its chief, as terrorists, Xinhua reported citing Egypt's official MENA news agency.

The list determined by Prosecutor General Hesham Barakat included the chief Brotherhood leader Mohamed Badie, his deputy and business tycoon Kahirat al-Shater, former parliament speaker Mohamed Saad al-Katatni and former youth and sports minister Osama Yassin.

5,000-year-old brewery found in Israel

Jerusalem : A 5,000-year-old brewery has been unearthed in Tel Aviv, the Israel Antiquities Authority said on Sunday.

The find includes fragments of ancient Egyptian-made pottery vessels that were used to prepare beer. The site is currently being uncovered in salvage excavations, ahead of the construction of skyscraper office buildings in Israel's financial capital.

Lift 'no fly zone' restriction: India urges Saudi Arabia

New Delhi/Thiruvananthapuram : External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj has urged the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) to persuade Saudi Arabia to lift the ban on flying through its air space to help stranded Indians in Yemen fly home, said a Kerala minister.

Minister of Diaspora K.C. Joseph told IANS that Chief Minister Oommen Chandy was told this when he had a talk with Sushma Swaraj.

'25 killed in Election Day attack by Boko Haram in Nigeria'

Abuja : At least 25 people were killed in an attack suspected to be a perpetration of Boko Haram on a community in Nigeria's northeastern state of Borno early Saturday, the same day a crucial presidential election was held, an official of the West African country said.

Five persons sustained injuries in the same attack at Buratai community, located in the southern part of Borno, state governor Kashim Shettima told Xinhua in Maiduguri, capital of the province.

Saudi says first phase of anti-Houthi operation successful

Riyadh : Saudi Arabia has said the first phase of air campaign against Yemen's Shiite Houthi group was successful, and has destroyed all of its airplanes and communication centers.

Brigadier Ahmed Al Asiri, spokesperson for the Saudi-led Decisive Storm operation, on Saturday told that the first stage of the air raids has succeeded, while the coalition might opt for group offensive if required, Xinhua reported citing Al Arabiya News reported.

Airstrikes to continue until Yemen is settled: Saudi king

Sharm el-Sheikh (Egypt) : Saudi Arabia's King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al-Saud said on Saturday that the Saudi-led military airstrikes against the Houthi rebels in Yemen will continue until security is restored in the country.

"The Decisive Storm Operation will continue until the Yemeni people enjoy security and stability," the Saudi king told the 26th session of the Arab Summit presided over by Egypt's President Abdel-Fattah al-Sisi and attended by 20 Arab leaders, including fleeing Yemeni President Abd-Rabbo Mansour Hadi.

Pages