Hong Kong : A man who posted online threats to blow up the US consulate and Disneyland theme park here has been convicted of wasting police time, a news report said Saturday.
Hairdresser Lo Kam-lok, 22, posted the threats on an online forum using the name "Hezbollah terrorist" and asking for advice on how to make his own bombs, the South China Morning Post reported.
Lo's message in August last year received 19 replies over the following month, including one that contained a bomb-making recipe, a magistrates' court hearing was told Friday.
When the message was reported to police, Disneyland was forced to mount a search and stepped up security at its $3.5 billion Hong Kong theme park.
Police mounted an investigation that took 213 men, costing 32,500 Hong Kong dollars ($4,100) before arresting Lo at his home in Hong Kong's Kowloon Bay district.
Lo admitted wasting police time at Friday's hearing. He was released on bail pending sentencing June 22.