Tehran : Some states are seeking to disrupt Iranian cooperation with the UN nuclear watchdog but they have failed in the latest meeting of the 5+1 Group, Foreign Ministry spokesman Mohammad Ali Hosseini said Sunday.
He made the remarks during his weekly press conference commenting on the latest agreement made by Group 5+1 (permanent members of the Security Council plus Germany) on Iran.
The group agreed on its September 28 meeting in New York to wait for the reports of EU foreign policy chief Javier Solana and that of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) chief, Mohamed ElBaradei, on Iran before deciding on further sanctions.
Hosseini said that the meeting has failed to reach its goal of disrupting positive trend of Iran-IAEA cooperation.
“The extremist states were forced this time to respect views of other countries which were more realistic,” Hosseini said.
Stressing that Tehran would continue its cooperation with the UN nuclear watchdog as per the agreement they reached last month, Hosseini said, “The next round of talks to discuss the P1 and P2 centrifuges will be held in early October.”
Addressing Iran’s supporters at Group 5+1, Hosseini urged them to continue with their support recommending “others” to follow them.
Asked how would Tehran react to the possible approval of a third resolution against the country within the next 60 days, the spokesman said, “Iran will announce its decision on due time.”
“We will continue our cooperation with the IAEA to avoid any resolution,” Hosseini added.