By TCN News,
New Delhi: On the complaint filed by Mission Bhartiyam (a youth organization), Delhi Commissioner of Police took cognizance and wrote to DCP, Vigilance, Delhi for taking follow up action with a copy to Special Commissioner of Police, Law and Order, Delhi.
On the derogatory remarks of advocate Mr. A. P. Singh (defence lawyer of Delhi gang rape victims), where he told that he would burnt his daughter alive if she had pre-marital sex, complainant Ravi Nitesh, core member of Mission Bhartiyam wrote to Delhi Bar Council as well as Commissioner of Police.
In his complaint, Ravi Nitesh told that the remarks made in public and to media and the remarks made by the lawyer not only violent in nature, but degrade the constitutional provisions of legal punishments and discriminatory towards gender.
Draft complaint filed by Ravi Nitesh:
COMPLAINT BY THE MISSION BHARTIYAM( A REGISTERED SOCIETY UNDER SR ACT, 1860) AGAINST THE LD. COUNSEL MR. A.P.SINGH FOR INSULTING AND OFFENSIVE REMARKS BY IN THE MATTER OF STATE Vs. RAM SINGH & OTHERS AT THE DISTRICT COURT SAKET NEW DELHI ON 13.09.2013.
MOST RESPECTFULLY SUBMITTED HEREIN UNDER:
1. That with the court judgement over 16 December 2012 gang rape accused persons, which came finally on 13 September, 2013 Ld. Counsel for the convicts Mr. A.P. Singh told to media that he would have burnt his daughter alive if she had premarital sex.
2. That the above statement that can also be read at many media portals.
3. That it is clear from his statement that Learned defence councel has no sense about respect for women more over he is violent in nature and then if any such kind of case can come to him, he will obviously fight for it.
4. That Learned defence counsel has no respect for Indian constitution and courts because courts see no offence in any such pre-marital sex while Mr. Singh is ready to define rules in his own way and ready to provide a self-defined punishment which is crime under the Indian Penal Code.
5. That by his statement Ld. Counsel has instigated/abetted to commit crime against women who are having in pre-marital relationship, and the nature of the crime abetted is of causing grievous hurt and most likely of death also.
6. That the statement of the Ld. Counsel comes under the below mentioned section of the Indian Penal Code, 1860 which is punishable with imprisonment ;
Section-115, Abetment of offence punishable with death or imprisonment for life- – if offence not committed.— Whoever abets the commission of an offence punishable with death or 1[ imprisonment for life], shall, if that offence be not committed in consequence of the abetment, and no express provision is made by this Code for the punishment of such abetment, be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to seven years, and shall also be liable to fine.
7. That the ld. Counsel statement that he would have burnt his daughter, by this he instigated the people to commit such type of crime, against the women who are in such type of relation ship, this type of abetment is cognizable and non-bailable, this is very unfortunate that Delhi Police have not taken cognizance of this crime.
8. That it seems from the attitude of the police that matter being related to the Advocates police don’t want to indulge into any controversy by taking cognizance of the crime.
Therefore in the above circumstances it is most respectfully prayed to the apex body of the advocates to take cognizance of the act committed by the ld. Counsel Mr. A.P. Singh as per strict ethics /rules/laws and give a message to the society that no person is above the law.