Lucknow : A major fire broke out at a multi-storeyed commercial complex in the heart of Kanpur Wednesday afternoon. No casualty was reported, sources said.
Police officials and fire tenders rescued hundreds of people who were trapped inside the City Centre building that houses a large number of offices.
Sources claim short circuit could be the cause of fire that broke out at around 4.30 p.m., however, there is no official confirmation. The blaze caused panic in the area for nearly two hours.
Kanpur district magistrate Anurag Srivastava said that people trapped inside the building were evacuated.