Home Indian Muslim Missing Jabir in police custody with two other SIMI activists

Missing Jabir in police custody with two other SIMI activists

By Mohammed Siddique, TwoCircles.net,

Hyderabad : Baleeghuddin Jabir, the son of a religious figure and Haren Pandya murder case accused Maulana Naseeruddin, who had gone missing since the police raid on his house five days ago, is in police custody.

The police sources said that Jabir along wit two other suspected activists of banned Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI) was in custody of Task Force and was being questioned about his suspected terror related activities.

The sources said that their arrest was likely to be announced formally in a day or two. “He is being questioned about his links with terrorist elements and last year’s blasts in the city”, sources said. The police have also seized the two wheelers used by these youth.

However the police commissioner B Prasad Rao, who had earlier denied Jabir being in police custody, was not available to confirm or deny the report. Kamalsan Reddy, the deputy commissioner of police, Task Force, said that he will get back with information. “I can’t say anything now”, he said. He however confirmed that the Task Force had assisted the city police in raiding and searching the house of Maulana Naseeruddin on August 28.

Jabir’s family had alleged that the police had picked up Jabir on the same day from the local mosque. His mother Tasleem Fatima had lodged a missing complaint with the Saeedabad police station in Hyderabad. She had also approached the Andhra Pradesh High Court and National Human Rights Commission for producing her son in the court.

Earlier the police commissioner had said that the police was looking for Jabir, a third year engineering student, in connection with a criminal conspiracy case registered at Gopalpuram police station. His elder brother Yasser is already in jail in connection with the same case while younger brother Naser is in Belgaum jail in connection with a terror related case.

Maulana Naseeruddin himself was in Sabarmati Jail of Ahmadabad for the last four years.