By TwoCircles.net news desk
Mumbai: Disgruntled by the Cong-NCP’s mishandling of the state of Maharahstra, Jamaat-e-Islami Hind, Maharashtra, started consultation with the Secular and Muslim NGOs’ and the leaders of the third front.
Jamaat has decided not to do party wise support i.e. to the Congress and NCP in Maharashtra assembly Election, instead those candidates who are in agreement with its manifesto will be supported.
Engineer Nazar Mohammed Madu, President of JIH Maharashtra has said, “ The Cong_NCP Govt. failed to stop the Communal violence in the state, the latest is the Miraj Riots. This Govt. failed to implement Sri Krishna Commission Report and played a hypocratic role in Hari Masjid Firing and sadhvi Pragya, Malegaon Blast Case.” He is also disappointed after seeing the list of the candidates declared by the Cong and the NCP. “They have allotted only 16 seats as against our demand of 38 seats and even drop the sitting MLAs like Bashir Patel and Yusuf Abrahani.”
Going against the spirit of Secularism and democracy, the election in India is basically based on cast, region and religion. All the parties select their candidates according to the population of the constituencies. Mr.Nazar shun this notion and said, “Its Like a Reservation in politics. When seats are reserved for SCs/STs etc then why not for Muslims. We are not demanding the reservations of seats but like to empower the underprivileged community, politically and like to have a representation according to populations. Proper representation is the Pre-requisite of a real democracy.” Even Rangnath Misra Commisssion has supported the Economical and Educational reservations.
Third Front in Mahrashtra is very week, it would play a spoilers role and ultimately support the Shiv Sena BJP alliance. Mr Nazar, replied, “Cong-NCP do not have the monopoly of Secularim and they must accommodate leaders of all the casts, community.” As far as Spoilers are concerned he replied, “Frustrated worker of Cong-NCP who did not get the ticket will be the biggest spoilers. What plans these parties have to control them?”
Jamaat-e-Islami, Maharashtra decided to support Strong Secular Candidates who are in agreement with the Peoples’ Manifesto released by the Jamaat. Besides legalising Waqf Board, Reservations, Preventing communal violence, Jamaat has also demanded the special action to reign in the inflations, implementation of Sri Krishna Commisssion, Gundewar commission and special care for the Farmers in Maharashtra.
MAHRASHTRA ASSEMBLY ELECTION
PEOPLE’S MENIFESTO & DEMANDS
After taking stock of the present political, social and economical scenario in the country and the State, an exhaustive study of the ensuing Maharashtra Assembly Elections and the possible fall out, the Executive Council of the Jama’at-e-Islami Hind, Maharashtra has decided that the Jamaat would support nominees of those parties which accept the manifesto and demands on the condition that the moral, secular and democratic credentials of the nominees would be evaluated at the individual level. Those not meeting the requisite standards would not be considered for extending the electoral support from the Jamaat.
1. Poor can not afford the ever increasing prices of essential commodities. Govt. must act promptly and bring the prices under control.
2. The State Govt. should genuinely solve the problems of Farmers. Blanket ban should be imposed on money lending by interest based finance companies and individuals. Dr. Narendra Jadhav’s Report should be implemented immediately.
3. Recommendations of Shri Krishna Commission and Gundewar Commission should be immediately implemented. Khairlanji victims must get fast justice.
4. The Fundamental and other special rights of Tribal must be protected. They must get essentials of life to live as human beings.
5. Electricity must be supplied 24 Hrs without interruption. Privatization of the Electric Supply must be immediately stopped and Electric supply should be made cheaper. Recommendation of MERC should be rejected.
6. Fast and Fair trial should be given to all who are arrested in the name of Terrorism. Selective and misuse of MCOCA be immediately stopped.
7. Enquiry of 26/11 Terror attack on Mumbai, specially the killing of ATS chief Hemant Karkare and others, be handed over to a sitting Judge of Supreme Court.
8. The crime of female foeticide calls for stringent punishment. It should be dealt on par with murder of a human being.
9. Government of Maharashtra must not Decriminalizing Homosexuality.
10. The State Minority Commission should be given a statutory status.
The Ministry for Minority Welfare should be empowered.
The funds allocated to Maulana Azad financial corporation be doubled and the procedure be made interest free, simple and within reach of a layman.
11. Waqf Board be awarded an autonomous status with full and legally established administrative powers.
* The Waqf Act implemented by State Govt. of Bihar should also be implemented in Maharashtra.
12. On the basis of the recommendations of Rangnath Mishra Commission and Sacchar Committee Muslims as a community must be declared as Educationally, Economically and Socially Backward. They must be given Reservations in different departments according to their population.
13. Communal Violence in the state must be stopped and the one sided actions and atrocities must be controlled.