“Khursheed died of shock & hemorrhage,” reveals post-mortem report of slain Muslim man from UP, accused ‘still at large’, family awaits justice

Khursheed Ahmad, 50, was found dead on June 23 nearly 2 kilometers from his home in Sultanpur, Uttar Pradesh. | Picture by arrangement

The post-mortem report of fifty-year-old Khursheed Ahmad from Sultanpur area of Uttar Pradesh has revealed the victim died of shock and hemorrhage, after he was allegedly beaten on June 23. While the family claims that the victim was ‘lynched’, police have denied the lynching angle and filed the FIR under IPC section 304 (Causing death by negligence) and said they are on the lookout for the accused who is still at large. 

Musheera Ashraf | TwoCircles.net 

Support TwoCircles

UTTAR PRADESH – The post-mortem report into the death of a fifty-year-old Muslim man from the Sultanpur area of Uttar Pradesh, who was found dead on June 23, has revealed that the victim “died of shock and hemorrhage.”

While the family of the slain man identified as Khursheed Ahmad alias Pappu have alleged that the “victim was lynched to death,” the police, however, refuted the lynching angle and filed a case under IPC section 304 (Causing death by negligence).

According to the post-mortem report accessed by TwoCircles.net, it is not clear whether Khursheed was attacked by a weapon or not. “Blood clots were spotted in the skull and there were abrasions on the right cheek and under the eyes,” the report said.

The report states that Khursheed died at 7:30 a.m. on June 23 at District Hospital, Sultanpur. “I don’t think he could have survived till morning. His situation was critical. He was beaten badly,” Khursheed’s brother Anwar told TwoCircles.net.

Commenting about the post-mortem report, the Station House Officer (SHO) of Thana Kotwali Sultanpur Sandeep Kumar said, “The post-mortem report reveals he has three injuries.”

Anwar claims that he accessed the CCTV footage with the help of the police. “I believe that Khursheed was badly beaten up first outside the PWD site and then taken inside. This is not captured in the CCTV footage,” Anwar said.

“In the footage, I could see one man beating him with his hands and kicking him again and again, while 4 to 5 men were standing. After the ambulance left, these men started talking among themselves,” Anwar added.

Anwar further said that the CCTV footage is not clear. “The incident happened at night. The footage is dark and blurry,” he said.

Anwar said that “he (Khursheed) was beaten in the playground outside PWD, the men dispersed and Himanshu dragged Khursheed inside the PWD at 8:12 p.m.,” he said.

When asked about the family’s claim that Khursheed was beaten in the playground outside PWD, SHO Kumar said, “We haven’t got any proof in this regard. However, we are looking into the case”.

Anwar said that “he (Khursheed) was brought inside the PWD intentionally.”

“The CCTV footage is not the complete truth. He was brought inside the PWD to weaken the case,” Anwar claims, adding, “The accused Himanshu Pandey’s grandfather is a lawyer and Himanshu has a history of crime.”

The killing of fifty-year-old Khursheed, who was mentally unsound, has left his family heartbroken.

Anwar said that the family is living in fear. “We are living in fear. Some locals told us that they have seen some unknown persons roaming in the locality,” Anwar said.

‘Will protest if accused not arrest’
SHO Kumar told TwoCircles.net that Himanshu has not returned home and is still at large.

“However, his surrender application has been filed,” SHO Kumar said.

Khursheed’s family said that they plan to take out a protest if the accused is not arrested soon.