Manila : The death toll in Friday's bus bomb blast in the southern Philippines has risen to 10, local reports said on Saturday.
Â Â Â Â Mindanao island's on-line news website MindaNews reported that the fatalities included the bus driver, the conductor, a soldier who tried to move out the bomb and bystanders.
Â Â Â Â The local Red Cross said earlier that they recorded a total of nine deaths with the conductor of the bus 1104 seriously injured.
Â Â Â Â Most of the injured were rushed to hospitals which are not well-equipped, local GMA TV reported.
Â Â Â Â The blast took place on Friday evening in Bansalan town of Davao del Sur province in the southern Mindanao island.
Â Â Â Â Initial investigation showed a passenger left behind a bag that others feared containing a bomb. The home-made bomb exploded when the bag was being brought out of the bus.
Â Â Â Â Another similar home-made bomb also exploded at a bus terminal in Cotabato City of the same province some 15 minutes after the Bansalan blast, but no one was reported injured.
Â Â Â Â No group has claimed responsibility for the attacks so far. The police are still investigating whether anti-government militants or criminal groups were behind the bombing.