Airline engineer’s family demands CBI probe into death


Patna : The family of Sanskriti Sinha, a young aeronautical engineer who was crushed to death under mysterious circumstances at the domestic airport in New Delhi, Wednesday demanded a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into her death.

Support TwoCircles

Sanskriti, a native of Patna, who worked with private airlines Air Deccan in New Delhi, was run over by a heavy vehicle while she was moving towards the hangar area to attend to some engineering requirements at an aircraft late Monday, a police official said. Her head was completely crushed.

The airport manager found Sanskriti’s body at around 10.30 p.m. Monday near the taxiway and informed the police. Her post-mortem examination report revealed that she was crushed under a heavy vehicle as there were wheels marks on her head. Sanskriti was in her 20s.

Sanskriti’s family here is in a state of shock and have alleged foul play behind her untimely death. They now want a CBI investigation.

“A CBI probe will expose the truth behind her tragic death,” said Arun Kumar Sinha, Sanskriti’s father.

“Do you think it is possible that someone could drive a vehicle so rashly and at such high speed in this very sensitive zone where the speed limit is restricted to just 20 kmph?” Kumar had asked Tuesday. He is senior lecturer at a government college in Bihta, near Patna.

“It can’t be just a mere accident as the authorities and the police are yet to trace the killer vehicle. Someone has deliberately killed my daughter,” a grief-stricken Kumar said.

“We would like to know how an on-duty staff was crushed to death and why Air Deccan authorities have failed to provide the specific cause of her death. A CBI probe is the only solution now,” said Tushar, the victim’s elder brother.

Her family has also questioned the report that nobody saw the vehicle that had hit their daughter despite tight security arrangements at the airport.

“Delhi Police, airport authorities and Air Deccan are silent on the issue,” Kumar said.

Sanskriti was to get engaged next week to a software engineer in Bangalore. And her parents were to head to Delhi to shopping for the occasion, but tragically it was her body that arrived here Tuesday night.

“It was unbelievable for us as we have been doing everything for her engagement. It took us hours to cope with the reality,” Tushar said.

“My wife and I were scheduled to leave for Delhi Wednesday for shopping but now we have to cremate her here,” said a tearful Kumar.

Her mother Sheel Ambastha, a schoolteacher, remains inconsolable since she heard of Sanskriti’s death. “She has fainted time and again,” a relative said.

Her house at Mitra Mandal Colony in Anisabad here was filled with relatives and friends since Wednesday morning who have come to console the family and take part in the last rites.

Sanskriti was working in the aviation industry for the past six years. She went to Delhi to pursue higher studies and was working in the technical department of Air Deccan for the past two years.