New Delhi: A city court Monday reserved its order for Wednesday on the claim of 2008 Delhi serial bombing accused Salman Ahmad that he was a minor at the time of the attack.
Ahmad had filed an application in the court claiming he was a minor when the serial bombings took place in the capital Sep 13, 2008, killing 26 people and left 135 others injured.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Kaveri Baweja, after hearing the arguments on behalf of Ahmad and the prosecution, said she will pronounce the order on Ahmad’s application on May 5 (Wednesday).
Last week, Ahmad’s mother recorded her statement before the court that Salman’s actual date of birth is Feb 9, 1992, and that he was a minor at the time of the Delhi serial bombings in September 2008.
Defence counsel said that if Ahmad’s mother got married on Jan 2, 1990, then Ahmad’s age cannot be between 25-26 years as claimed by the prosecution.
On March 15, the court directed the All India Institute of Medical Sciences to determine Ahmad’s age. A medical board of the AIIMS submitted a report March 23 to court and said Ahmad’s age was 25-26 years.