Bengaluru blast: Interpol help sought to catch those absconding

By Staff Correspondent,

Bengaluru: The Karnataka police have requested the help of the Interpol to catch hold of those accused in the Bengaluru blast who are absconding, according to reports. The police are yet to arrest nine accused in the case, including three foreign nationals.

Support TwoCircles

The foreigners accused are Wali alias Riyas (22nd accused) and Salim (25th accused) of Pakistan and Ali alias Isha (23rd accused) of Oman. The others to be arrested are 18th accused Ayyub, Saleem (20th), Riyas Bhatkal (21st), Sameer (24th), Sahid (26th) and Shuhaib alias Faisal (32nd). All but Riyas Bhatkal are Keralites. Riyas Bhatkal hails from Bhatkal in North Kannada in Karnataka.

The Karnataka police have reportedly requested the help of the Interpol and the CBI to announce a Red Corner notice to catch hold of these accused. However, the Bengaluru police are reported to prefer beginning of the trial even before the arrest of these people. A special court has been formed and Prosecutor appointed for the trial. Three accused in the case are in Ahmedabad jail, and they are expected to be brought to Bengaluru within a month which facilitates an immediate beginning of the trial.

Meanwhile, the police are interrogating Ibrahim Moulvi and Umar Farooq who were arrested on Friday from Kasargode and Ajmer respectively. Both have been remanded to police custody till October 29. They have also been accused in the controversial Kerala-Kashmir terror case, the case of which says that young men from Kerala were recruited to fight with terror groups in Kashmir.

Among the 32 accused in the case, 19 have been arrested, 18 being Keralites. 12th accused Abdur Raheem, 13th Muhammed Afthab, 14th P Fayis and 15th Muhammed Yaseen alias Varghese Joseph are reported to have been killed in encounter with police in the Kashmir valley. However, their dead bodies have not been brought to Kerala and hence could not be identified. The news of their death led to a new investigation by the police who then registered the Kerala-Kashmir terror case in the Edakkad police station in Kannur. The case is now with the NIA – the first case taken up by the agency in Kerala.