Zhoucun, Shandong : A total of 72 people were confirmed dead in the fatal train wreck in east China’s Shandong Province, officials said on Friday, citing forensic reports and DNA tests.
All the identities of those killed had been confirmed by 6 p.m. on Friday. The results conformed with the identification by families of the 72 victims, officials said, without giving details.
Sixty-three of the 416 injured had been discharged by Friday evening, while 150 others were transferred to hospitals elsewhere for treatment and 203 remained hospitalized in Zibo City, officials said.
T195, a high-speed train from Beijing to the coastal city of Qingdao, derailed and crashed into another train in Zibo’s Zhoucun District at 4:40 a.m. on Monday.
A preliminary investigation suggested the train from Beijing was running at 131 kilometers per hour at the time of the accident, while the speed limit of that section was 80 kph.