Cuba receives a million visitors

By IANS,

Havana : The number of visitors to Cuba this year reached one million Thursday.


Support TwoCircles

The largest number of visitors came from Canada, followed by Argentina,
Russia, Germany, France and Mexico respectively, the tourism ministry said in a statement.

It said it expects more tourists from these nations the next few months, reported Xinhua.

Cuba hopes to see an increase in the number of visitors this year from Colombia, Peru and the Netherlands.

Cuba saw a 4 percent increase in visitor arrivals in the first quarter of 2012 over the same period last year.

Cuba is expected to receive 2.9 million tourists in 2012.

SUPPORT TWOCIRCLES HELP SUPPORT INDEPENDENT AND NON-PROFIT MEDIA. DONATE HERE